Madrid preview


Your time in Spain is up, but you just can’t imagine leaving, so you’ll have to apply for a visa extension. Extensions are rarely granted to people who have visited the country as tourists, but when they are, it is only for an additional three months. The same results are achieved by visiting a neighboring country after your first 90 days in Spain are up and then re-entering Spain shortly after, making sure to have your passport stamped upon exit and re-entry.

However, if you initially entered Spain with a visa, extensions are more commonplace. Usually, though, the extensions can be no longer than 3 months for every six month period granted through the initial visa. By this rule, if your visa is for one year, you would only be able to apply…