Discover the Riches of the Parisian Way of Life
Often considered to be one of the most glamorous cities in the world, Paris offers a historically and culturally rich village-like metropolis that incorporates an eclectic mix of activities, sights, shopping and entertainment.
Parisians are some of the most cultured people in the world and their city is often considered to be the capital of fashion, art, gastronomy and fine wine. It is a city where Chanel-clad aristocrats walk their pampered pooches along wide tree-lined boulevards, intellectuals debate the future of the Euro in the traditional Provencal-inspired bistros and the well-heeled waiters serve visitors with the typical Parisian supercilious hauteur for which they have now become famous. Expatriates who relocate here will quickly find that appearance is very important to the locals and a sense of style and sophistication is often one of the keys to success.
There are many hidden corners of the city and those who dare to look beyond the major tourist attractions will find remnants of a long and fascinating past filled with stories of revolutions, conquests and intrigues that reward those who are willing to wander and make Paris their own.
While Paris is indeed a thriving, cosmopolitan city, it somehow manages to fuse the demands of urban living with the cadence of a village verve and this creates a laid-back, laissez-faire way of life in which a bigger emphasis is placed on home life and family as opposed to work. Expatriates who call Paris home can expect a high quality of life that allows plenty of time for enjoyment and relaxation.
What’s the draw?
- An alluring cityscape that promises new experiences at every turn.
- A magical city where the mundane elements of everyday life are transformed into something special.
- A high standard of living in which the importance of work/life balance is recognized and celebrated.
For many ex-pats, Paris is a place of contrasts and challenges. The varied mix of language, culture and traditions means that the average expatriate will take time to adjust to life here and insider knowledge is a must. Our expatriate guide to living in Paris contains indispensable advice about enjoying and acclimatizing to life in this stylish capital city:
- Whether you choose to live in the busy city area or out in the quieter Parisian suburbs, you can gain full and comprehensive details of popular residential areas throughout the city. The Expat Info Desk guide also contains full details of the cost of living, educational facilities and what to look out for when you negotiate a contract.
- The Expat Info Desk guide to Paris will become invaluable when you are ready to relax and enjoy your free time in this amazing city. The guide contains comprehensive listings on entertainment, culture, nightlife and sporting venues, together with our advice on how best to meet people and form your own social network when moving overseas.
- While Paris may seem familiar on the surface, everything here is done differently. The Expat Info Desk guide to living in Paris contains comprehensive contact listings for all the goods and services you will need to go from being someone who is visiting Paris to someone who lives there.
Make the most of Paris with the Expat Info Desk guide to living in this amazing city.