Charismatic Kuala Lumpur
Vibrant, exhilarating, and colorful, Kuala Lumpur is a city that draws you in and will excite you with all that it has to offer. Modern and yet exotic, retaining its Asian charm combined with ultra-modern architecture, accommodation, and shopping malls make Kuala Lumpur an exciting destination.
If you are a ‘foodie’ Kuala Lumpur is well known for its world-class cuisine that combines the flavors of traditional Malay, Indian and Chinese dishes. You can choose from many top-rated restaurants, or you might prefer to give the vibrant street food scene a go.
Kuala Lumpur has many green spaces, tropical gardens, and forest reserves where you can relax, unwind and get back to nature.
You can shop till you drop at the many traditional markets of Little India and China Town, or perhaps you prefer the fashionable shopping malls of Bukit Bintang that offer all the designer wear and products.
Expatriates who relocate to Kuala Lumpur will quickly discover that life here is far from dull. A vibrant nightlife, marvelous shopping, a chance to experience life in an Islamic country, and a low cost of living make Kuala Lumpur a top contender for anyone considering relocating to Southeast Asia.
Considering that there is already a thriving ex-pat community in Kuala Lumpur means that for the newbie, help getting settled is always at hand.
What’s the draw?
- An exotic and exhilarating city that offers new experiences and history around every corner.
- A city that never sleeps and is never dull.
- A city where a high standard of living doesn’t cost the earth.
While Kuala Lumpur offers a unique and vibrant lifestyle, there are many challenges when relocating to a Southeast Asian country. Religion, culture, and cuisine are very different from the West, and ex-pats may experience initial culture shock.
A fair degree of adaptability and cultural sensitivity are imperative. That’s where the following guide can assist you in navigating the pitfalls while appreciating the differences.
- This Expat Info Desk Guide to Kuala Lumpur is an invaluable tool for anyone considering relocating to Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia in general. Advice on visas, where to live, elements of culture and history, as well as, how to connect with other expatriates in this bustling and colorful city.
- If you choose to relocate to Kuala Lumpur, this guide will assist you in discovering the most popular residential districts. It will provide tips on finding suitable accommodation, what to look out for, and how to negotiate a lease.
- This guide will also provide information on the cost of living, nightlife, sports facilities, and most importantly ‘the do’s and dont’s’ that can make or break your expatriate experience in Malaysia.
- Furthermore, this guide is a must-read for anyone considering relocating to Malaysia. Packed with information, contact listings, and many other valuable resources.
- ‘Know before you go’ and make your Kuala Lumpur experience a positive one.