Car insurance is mandatory in Spain, and, as in most countries, the cost of insurance depends on age, job, location, engine size and general vehicle usage. The average cost of car insurance in Madrid is 249 euros per year, which is below the Spanish average.
Although there is a wide assortment of car insurance companies in Spain, these are some of the better known companies:
- Línea Directa – https://www.lineadirecta.com/LDAWeb/home.init.faces
- Santa Lucía – http://www.santalucia.es/
- Pelayo – http://www.pelayo.com/pelayo/index.htm
- Caser Seguros – https://www.caser.es/corporativa/opencms/es/index.html
- Direct Seguros – http://www.directseguros.es/
Because these are quite large insurers, in most cases you will be able to find a representative that speaks English.