Mail Order Guide
Mail order catalogs are less and less available as the Internet makes purchasing online efficient and fast. Keep in mind that buying online from your home country and having it shipped to France may incur port taxes, which can become quite expensive. It is a better idea to have the item shipped to someone within your country (or the country of origin of the website) who can re-send it to you marked as a “gift”. There are plenty of online outlets in France for shopping:
- http://www.telemarket.fr – Online grocery shopping
- http://www.monoprix.fr – Online grocery shopping
- http://www.picard.fr – Online frozen groceries shopping
- http://www.ooshop.fr – Online grocery shopping
- http://www.3suisses.fr – Online store for women’s, men’s, and children’s fashion, as well as household and leisure items.
- http://www.laredoute.fr – Online store with fashion, home decoration, electronics and appliance departments.
- http://www.amazon.fr – Amazon’s French site, with a good mix of classic and contemporary French music, films and literature. Also has an English section.
- http://www.fnac.com – Purchase books, music, videos, and DVDs online (shipped from France) as well as tickets for concerts and shows.
- http://www.habitat.fr – Online shopping for furniture and house furnishings.
- http://www.ikea.fr – Online shopping for household items. Delivery costs are quite reasonable, but not all items can be delivered. The website will confirm if an article is available in a particular store.