MTNL (Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited) is the largest provider of landline connections in Mumbai. It might be slow to set up, but it is the most stable and most recommended for landlines.
How to Sign up for an MTNL Landline Connection
- Fill out an application form which can be downloaded as a .pdf at http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/documents-required
- Visit one of MTNL's Quick Customer Service Centers. You can find the Customer Service center closest to you by visiting: http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/csc-locations
- Submit your application form and the required documents and fees listed below.
- Someone will come to install the service in your home. It will take around two weeks before you are up and running.
- Foreign Registration booklet
- Passport sized photo with your signature on it
- Proof of address
- Registration fee of Rs 500
The tariff depends on which plan you select. All plans require a Rs 500 registration fee. There is a security deposit of Rs 1,000 for local plans or Rs 3,000 for international plans. The cheapest plan, for only incoming calls, is Rs 179 per month. For 100-200 outgoing local calls per month, the rate is Rs 289 per…