Newspapers can be delivered to your house in Mumbai. Your building watchman will be able to guide a newspaper vendor to your home, who will provide you papers at a nominal charge. One issue of The Times of India, a popular English daily newspaper, costs just Rs. 4.50.
Mumbai is one of the hubs of the Indian newspaper industry. There are many English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujerati newspapers available in Mumbai. Some of the important local English language newspapers are Mid Day, Mumbai Mirror, and DNA. They are all daily newspapers.
- Mid Day: http://www.mid-day.com/
- Mumbai Mirror: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/
- DNA: http://www.dnaindia.com/
National Indian Newspapers
Some of the national newspapers in English are The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, The Indian Express, The Hindu, The Asian Age, and The Economic Times.
- Times of India: http://www.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/
- Hindustan Times: http://www.hindustantimes.com/
- Indian Express: http://www.indianexpress.com/
- The Hindu: http://www.hinduonnet.com/
- Asian Age: http://www.asianage.com/
- Economic Times: http://www.economictimes.indiatimes.com/
International Newspapers and Magazines
International newspapers are hard to come by in Mumbai. There are foreign magazines available, however, which you can find at the following shops:
Many locations in Mumbai. Look up the store closest to you at http://www.crossword.in/stores
Warden Book House
Nanik Naivwas Building, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Breach Candy
Phone: 2367 5138
House of International Magazines
Vasant Jain will come to your home to show you his selection of magazines to buy or to order.
Phone: 2677 5822