Department stores and shopping centers for Expat
Department stores are a growing phenomenon in India, however, there are a couple worthy of mention:
- Lifestyle International (Whitefield) http://www.lifestylestores.com offers household goods and apparel for the whole family from several brands under one roof.
- Westside (Shivaji Nagar, Koramangla, Magrath Road) http://www.mywestside.comis a multi-branded, multinational, one-stop centre for clothes, jewelery, watches and accessories. With a separate section for men’s wear, women’s wear, lingerie, kids-wear, household accessories, cosmetics perfumes and other accessories.
- Shopper’s Stop (Garuda Mall, and other locations) http://www.shoppersstop.com is an affordable family department store with a little bit of everything, though not the highest of quality.
Shopping malls in Bangalore have become the rage in recent years, making malls not just a place to shop but to spend a whole day wandering about. Grab a cup of coffee or a bite at one of the many restaurants or in the food court, shop til you drop, and then head for a movie.
- Mantri Square Mall (Maleshwaram) http://www.mantrisquare.com/ is India’s largest shopping mall and packed with mid-range stores, spa, restaurants, food court and cinema. One can spend a whole day there, though you’ll have to fight your way through crowds of people with the same idea.
- The Forum (Koramangala) http://www.theforumexperience.com/ is a huge mid-range shopping mall with a mix of international and Indian brands, a large Landmark bookstore, several restaurants, food court and a movie theatre. Very popular with families on the weekend.
- The Forum Value Mall (Whitefield) http://www.forumvaluemall.com/ is a more price-conscious version of the Koramangala location, with factory-outlets.
- Garuda Mall (Magrath Road) http://www.garudamall.net/ is another mid-range mega mall with a mixture of stores, such as Esprit, Mango and Fabindia. There are also several restaurants, a food court and cinema.
- Safina Plaza (Infantry Road) (Phone: 2558-1991) has few regular shops and acts more as a base for temporary shopping sales and passing fairs, often very reasonable.
- UB City (Vittal Mallya Road) is an upmarket shopping mall with shops such as Versace, Louis Vuitton and Good Earth, as well as several topnotch restaurants.