- Bangalore is a multicultural city with a population diverse in religion and custom. The local population includes Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Jews and Sikhs. The rich secular atmosphere enables Bangalore to have many attractions for people belonging to many beliefs. Apart from the beautiful temples and churches, Bangalore also has countless mosques and shrines.Discover Bangalore offers a nice list, with descriptions, of all the tourist attraction religious centres worth visiting while in Bangalore: http://www.discoverbangalore.com/Worship.htmBelow is a listing of places of worship for both visiting out of interest, as well as to attend services:
- Banashankari Temple (Kanakapura Road): Dating back to 1915, this is one of the most popular temples of Bangalore.
- Bull Temple (Basavanagudi): Dedicated to Nandi Bull, the vehicle of Lord Shiva, and quite a site.
- Iskcon Temple (Chord Road): Dedicated to Lord Krishna.
- Sri Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple (Gavipuram-Guttahalli): Dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Dharamraja Temple (Nagarathpet)
Churches (all of the below offer services in English)
- Holy Ghost Church (Richards Town) http://holyghostchurch.in/main/
- St. Patrick’s Church (Brigade Road) http://www.children-of-bangalore.com/spats.htm
- St. Andrew’s Church (Cubbon Road) http://www.children-of-bangalore.com/andewch.htm
- St. John The Baptist Church (Vijayanagar) http://www.johnbaptistchurch.org/
- Bethel Assembles Of God Church (Hebbal) http://www.bethelagindia.org
- St. Mark’s Cathedral (M.G. Road) http://www.saintmarks.in/
- St. Mary’s Basilica (Shivajinagar) http://www.stmarysbasilica.in/
- Jumma Masjid (K.R. Market): The oldest mosque of Bangalore.
- Dargah Hazrat Tawakkal Mastan (Cottonpet)
- Choe Khor Sum Ling Centre (Domlur) Buddhism, Tibetan Mahayana tradition http://www.cksl.in
- Thubten Lekshey Ling Meditation & Study Centre (St Marks Road) Tibetan Nyingma Tradition http://www.dharmasubhashita.org
Chabad Center (Brunton Cross Road) operates out of a rented facility and serves as a synagogue, a center for Jewish educational classes, and kosher meals. http://www.JewishBangalore.com and http://www.chabad.org/centers/default_cdo/aid/749437/jewish/Chabad-Lubavitch-of-Bangalore.htm