Tax Advisors Guide for Expats

The German Income Tax Act (Einkommensteuergesetz) should be consulted to check for possible deductions that apply only to expatriates, such as moving expenses and even one’s rent. Overall, though, it is highly recommended that you seek professional assistance (Steuerberater/CPA) when filing taxes in Germany as well as in your home country; even if you are tax exempt in your own country, you must file. Many times, your company will be able to refer you to a reliable tax advisor with whom they work. If not, the following specialists are recommended:

Tax Advisors & Accountants