There is one student visa available for Australia.
This visa is for the duration of the course undertaken.
- To be eligible you must be able to prove you can cover the cost of airfares, tuition fees and living costs for you (and your family members if relevant) during the duration of the visa.
- You must also be proficient in English and a test may be required.
- Your academic records and qualifications will be considered as well as your immigration history.
- You must have Overseas Student Health Cover while you are here.
- You must have no debts with Australia.
- You must have an offer of a place in a course.
- You must meet the course requirements of valid enrollment, attendance and complete assessments.
- You (and you family) must not work unless granted permission. If you are granted permission you can work up to 20 hours a week.
- Extensions are not allowed on this visa if it is for 10 months or less.
- However, it is possible to apply for another student visa with permission to work or a Graduate Skilled Visa.
- Your partner and dependents can be included as secondary applicants.
For more information, please visit http://www.immi.gov.au/students.
As long as all the criteria are met this is not a difficult visa to obtain.