There is only one visa option for those individuals wanting to retire in Australia.
Investment Retirement Visa
- You must be sponsored by an Australian state or territory government agency and make a designated investment in that state.
- This visa is initially for four years with unlimited entry.
- You can continue to apply for another four years provided you still meet the requirements.
- To be eligible for this visa you must be 55 years old or older, have no dependents (children or step children under 18, children over 18 who depend on you financially or incapacitated children), and are self supportive.
- Your spouse or partner can be of any age and can accompany you to Australia.
- You must be able to demonstrate you have over $750,000 in assets.
- You can work up to 20 hours a week.
For more information http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/retirement/405.
As long as you meet the criteria this is not a difficult visa to obtain.