Relocation for Sydney Job Guide
There is only one visa available for migrants who have been offered a job in Australia.
Temporary Business Visa (Long Stay 457)
For this visa, your employer must sponsor you. They do not have to be an Australian business to do this. You need to have good English language skills and you must meet the requirements of the position you are being sponsored for.
- The employer will need to complete a sponsorship application, the Employee then nominates the applicant for this position and then applies for the visa for Australia.
- You can apply for this visa while in Australia.
- This visa is for between three months and four years and is for unlimited entry.
- It can also be renewed.
- You must not stop working for the employer that sponsored you.
- If you wish to change employers, or positions, then you do not need to apply for a new 457 visa, but your new employer must submit a new nomination that will apply for the remainder of your visa validity period.
- Your partner and dependents can be included as secondary applicants.
For more information http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/how-the-visa-works.htm
When the visa is set to expire a new application must be filled out by the employer.
For employers there are some varying requirements around validity and these can be viewed at: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/eligibility-employer.htm