There are several major international banks in Sydney. These are Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, Mizuho Corporate Bank, Rabobank and HSBC Bank Australia. There are other foreign banks in Sydney but they run smaller operations only.
- Deutsche Bank http://australia.db.com/australia/
- Citigroup http://www.citibank.com.au
- Mizuho Bank http://www.mizuhobank.com/service/global/network/office/asia/sydney.html
- Rabobank http://www.rabobank.com.au
- HSBC Bank http://www.hsbc.com.au
- Bank of China http://www.bocau.com.au/en/index.html
The four major banks in Australia are:
- ANZ http://www.anz.com.au
- NAB http://www.nab.com.au
- Westpac http://www.westpac.com.au
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia http://www.cba.com.au
Each of these major banks has ATMs located around the CBD and metropolitan areas. You can find them on the street, in pubs, clubs, stores and service stations. You can also withdraw money from your account at supermarkets when you buy your groceries, and over the counter at bottle shops.
Banking is very safe and internet banking is offered by all of the major banks. International transfers may take a few days to clear depending on where it’s going and how the transfer is being made. Typical banking hours are 9.30 am to 4 pm on weekdays. Some banks have branches that are open Saturday mornings as well.