Rental Companies Guide
Renting a car can be convenient when you first move to Sydney and you are scouting around for a home and getting settled. You may also want to hire a car for a weekend getaway if you decide to remain car-less for the duration of your stay. Most car rental companies offer daily and weekly rates. Airport fees apply if you collect your vehicle from the airport.
Rental Rates – Sample
|Car Rental Company||Type of Car||One Week|
|Bayswater Car Rentals
(minimum online booking is 3 days)
|1 year old Corolla Hatch (small car)||$140|
|Discount Car Hire||Pulsar or Corolla (small car)||$238|
|Avis Rent a Car||Hyundai Getz||$189|
These are base rates and do not include surcharges and taxes which can increase the amount by $100.
Major Car Rental Companies
- Bayswater Car Rentals (aka No Brids) http://www.bayswatercarrental.com.au
- Budget Car Rentals http://www.budget.com.au
- Discount Car http://www.discountcar.com.au
- Hertz http://www.hertz.com
- Avis http://www.avis.com.au
“Go Get Car”
A clever new business that is very popular with expats is called Go Get Car. http://www.goget.com.au/
Essentially you get to use a car like a car share system. Simply join as a member and book your GoGet car online or by phone for as little as an hour (or longer). Then, take a short walk to the car, use a special swipe card, jump in, drive and bring it back to the same spot. You can use it as much or as little as you want by simply booking it online. It is a great option if you are choosing not to purchase a car.
Car Rental Search Websites
- Vroom Vroom Vroom http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au/locations/sydney
- Drive Now http://www.drivenow.com.au
It’s not so common to hire a chauffeured car as it is to hire a car without a driver. Chauffeured cars are charged hourly.
On average you will pay $75 an hour for a hire care with driver.
- Get Chauffeured http://www.getchauffeured.com.au
- Australian Corporate Cars http://www.australiancorporatecars.com.au