Specialized Groceries in Houston
Houston is a city with large cultural diversity and for that reason, most main supermarkets carry speciality items. However, in addition to the aisles in the supermarkets that offer foreign foods and other speciality items, there are quite a few specialty stores in the Houston area.
Here is a small list of some grocery stores that specialize in foreign foods or other specialized groceries:
- Ann’s International Groceries – 281-261-7577
Indian Foods located in southwest of Houston in Stafford, TX
- Rice Epicurean Market – 713-621-0422 (6am – 12 am midnight, seven days a week)
Grocery store with Asian, European, Latin and Middle Eastern goods. Several locations in Houston, TX, one at 5016 San Felipe St, Houston, TX 77056 (west Houston)
- Nundini Italian Deli and Food Store – 713-869-2910, http://www.nundini.com (Mon-Fri. 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) Store with with imported Italian items and a deli attached with, by the way, excellent gelato. 500 N Shepherd Dr Ste A, Houston, TX 77007
- Polish Food Store and Deli – 713-464-9900, http://www.poloniarestaurant.com/ (Tue – Fri 11 am – 7:30 pm, Sat 9:30 am – 7:30 pm, Sun 10 am – 3 pm)
Polish groceries, located at 1900 Blalock Rd, Houston, TX 77080 (west Houston)
- Whole Foods – http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com (8 am – 9 pm, daily)
Whole Foods stores specialize in fresh, organic and unique foods, grains and spices. A few markets are located inside the Loop with a couple more on the west side, one at 6401 Woodway Dr, Houston, TX 77057 (west Houston)
- Specs Liquor – 888-526-8787, http://www.specsonline.com/ (Mo – Sat 10 am – 9 pm)
This store carries, besides wines and spirits, finer foods and many of them foreign. There are over 50 stores in the Houston area.
One such location is 2410 Smith St., Houston, TX 77006, 713-526-8787