- German- http://www.meetup.com/germanexpatshouston/
- German – http://groups.yahoo.com/group/houstonstammtisch
- Brazil and Portugal- http://www.meetup.com/brazilians-140/
- French – http://www.meetup.com/The-Houston-French-Language-Meetup-Group
- British – http://groups.yahoo.com/group/britishexpatshouston
Business and Professional Organizations
- Federation of Houston Professional Women – http://www.fhpw.org
Networking and charitable work for Houston women.
- American Marketing Association – Houston – http://www.amahouston.org
Regular networking events for marketing professionals and people associated in any way with marketing with events being open to anyone.
- Houston’s Hispanic Chamber of Commerce – 713-644-7070 – http://www.houstonhispanicchamber.com/
- Working on business development for Hispanics and their businesses in the Houston area and advocating economics in the Hispanic communities. Hosting networking events open to anyone.
- Indo American Chamber of Commerce – 713-624-7132- http://www.iaccgh.com/
Networking, Initiatives, Community Outreach and lecture series open to anyone.
- Italy America Chamber of Commerce – 713-626-9303 – http://www.iacctexas.com/
Promoting trade relations between the U.S. and Italy and offering services to businesses. Hosting expos and networking events open to anyone.
- French American Chamber of Commerce – 713-960–0575 or 713-960-0495 – http://www.facchouston.com
About 170 members working on networking between French and American government and businesses and focusing on trade and investment relations. Hosting networking events and food and wine festivals open to anyone.
- German American Chamber of Commerce – email@example.com – http://www.gaccsouth.com/en
Promoting relationships between German and American businesses and assisting German businesses in Houston. Hosting monthly networking events open to anyone interested.
Private and Country Clubs
Houston residents must submit applications for consideration to join these private clubs and upon acceptance must pay the associated membership fees, often ranging in the thousands of Dollars. Clubs are generally joined through reference of a current member.
- Houston Polo Club – 713-681-8571 – http://www.thehoustonpoloclub.com
Adjacent to Memorial Park for polo fans and polo players; exclusive social club.
- The Houstonian – http://www.houstonian.com/
- Premier club with private clubhouse, fitness center and dining facility for members.
- The Briar Club – 713-622-3667 – http://www.thebriarclub.com
The Briar Club is a private social club in which members may use the dining room for private and social functions, also offering tennis, fitness center and a wellness center.
- River Oaks Country Club – 713-529-4321- http://www.riveroakscc.net
Prestigious private country club, adjacent to Memorial Park and a members only elite club in the highest income area of Houston. Offering a ballroom for events such as weddings and also tennis and golf.
- Petroleum Club of Houston – 713-659-1431 – http://www.pcoh.com
Premier private club, geared towards members in the oil and gas industry, located atop the ExxonMobil Building in downtown, offering an exclusive dinner room.
Community Service Organizations
There are an abundance of community service organizations for any preference and idea. These are examples of some:
- Habitat for Humanity – 713-671-9993 – http://www.houstonhabitat.org
The organization focuses on building homes for those in need and has members from all walks of life. It is a great way to meet people in your community and help out.
- Young People for the Arts – firstname.lastname@example.org – http://www.houstonarts.org
For younger individuals seeking to spend time with other artsy types or people who just enjoy all sorts of arts.
- The Junior League of Houston – 713-622-4191 – http://www.juniorleaguehouston.org
Women interested in social activities and volunteer based activities.
- The Heritage Society – 1100 Bagby Street, Houston, Texas 77002 – http://www.heritagesociety.org/
A history preserving and educating community organization that celebrates the diverse cultures who built Houston and Houston’s history. A great way to learn more about Houston and do something for the community.
- Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals – 713-869-7722 – http://www.houstonspca.org
The organization focuses on animal rescue and it a great way for animal-friendly people to get together and volunteer.