Buenos Aires preview


For short-term studies (less than 3 months), a student can enter and remain in Argentina under a tourist visa. For longer stays, a student may enter as a "tourist" but must, within 30 days of enrollment, bring their passport and proof of clean criminal record to the National Immigration Office to change their visa status. Student visas are issued for six- and twelve-month periods and can be renewed with the sponsorship of the institution at which the student is enrolled.

At the immigration office, students must present the following:

  • An official letter of enrollment/attendance from their school or university in Argentina
  • Student exchange program certified by the institution in Argentina who organizes the program (if applicable)
  • A completed application form
  • Passport with at least one year of remaining validity
  • A police report with a clear criminal record from student's place(s) of residence of the last 5 years (not required for students under 18 years of age).
  • A certifi…