The best place to find bargains on kitchen and dining equipments is at the numerous flea markets throughout Berlin, with Mauerpark in Prenzlauer Berg being your best bet. For something more upscale but still in the bargain hunters genre – Strasse 17 Juni provides a range of pre-war relics, antiques and retro items.
Visit some of the popular expat websites where people will list previously-owned items they are trying to sell. These are:
For something new, there are a number of outlets that will provide you with everything you need.
There’s IKEA (http://www.ikea.de):
- Gewerbehof 10, Spandau, Berlin
- Sachsendamm 47, Tempelhof
- Einrichtungscenter, Am Rondell 8, Waltersdorf
Other furniture retail stores include:
- Möbel-Hübner is like the German version of IKEA, but a bit more expensive. http://www.moebel-huebner.com Genthiner Str. 41, Tiergarten
- Stilwerk is an upscale interior decorating marketplace, a sort of mall with over 50 stores all catering to home products. http://www.stilwerk.de Kantstr. 17, Charlottenberg
- Coledampf’s has over 7,000 products to equip your kitchen. http://www.coledampfs.de/ Uhlandstr 54 Charlottenberg or Wörtherstr 39 Prenzlauer Berg