Recreational opportunities for sporting fans in Toronto abound, whether it’s a round of hockey or an hour at the gym. The city is home to many professional sports teams, many of which have games that are open to the public. You will find below the list of Toronto’s professional teams, the venue they usually play at, and their website.
- Toronto Argonauts: Canadian Football League (CFL), Rogers Centre, http://www.argonauts.ca
- Toronto Maple Leafs: National Hockey League (NHL), Air Canada Centre, http://mapleleafs.nhl.com
- Toronto Blue Jays: Major League Baseball (MLB), Rogers Centre, http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com
- Toronto Raptors: National Basketball Association (NBA), Air Canada Centre, http://www.nba.com/raptors
- Toronto Rock: National Lacross League (NLL), Air Canada Centre, http://www.torontorock.com
- Toronto Marlies: American Hockey League (AHL), Ricoh Coliseum, http://www.torontomarlies.com
- Toronto FC: Major League Soccer (MLS), BMO Field
Toronto is also one of the host cities for the Roger’s Cup Tennis tournament, which alternates between Toronto and Montreal every year. The next year this will be held in Toronto is 2012.
Tickets can be purchased at the venue, or in advance by phone or on the team’s website. It is important to remember that purchasing scalped tickets (tickets not from legitimate ticket vendors) for sporting events in Toronto is illegal.