You can pretty much hire any kind of household maintenance care you need from the Yellow Pages or from classifieds listings in local newspapers and online. Also be sure to check with your building if you own or rent an apartment as many buildings can provide referrals, if they do not have someone on staff to perform these jobs. Plumbers, electricians, painters, interior designers, and many other kinds of contractors can be hired if you need their services. Try the following sites for more information:
- Toronto Handyman: http://www.handyman.ca
- Rent-a-Son: http://www.rentason.ca
- Metro Handyman: http://www.metrohandyman.ca
For outdoor care, you can easily find landscapers and lawn maintenance workers. Some people also choose to hire local teenagers to shovel snow and mow the lawn. Rates of pay vary widely, so do some asking around before committing to any specific arrangements.
- Lawn Savers: http://www.lawnsavers.com
- Green Lawn: http://www.greenlawncare.com
- Frechette Lawn Care: http://www.frechettelawncare.com
There are also a few open communication and message boards that provide a forum for those seeking employment, or help with odd jobs.
- Torontoseekers.com has a bulletin board system where employers and employees alike can communicate.
- Kijiji is also an excellent forum for odd job needs.
- Craigslist is always a good place to look as well.