Sydney preview


All Australians and visitors earning income are subject to income tax. You will either be taxed as a resident or non-resident. If you are visiting Australia for more than six months and for most of that time work in one job and live in the same place, you will generally be considered an Australian resident for tax purposes. You should apply for a Tax File Number (TFN) online on the Australian Tax Office website or at a Australian Tax Office shopfront as soon as you arrive to Australia.

Australian Tax Office

Your employer will work out how much tax to withhold based on information you provide in your Tax File Number Declaration and Withhold…