Clothing Stores Guide Sydney
Bargain, middle range to high end fashion are all available in Sydney. You can find a whole outfit for under $50 or invest thousands in a designer item of clothing, whatever you prefer. What may be unique to Australia is that Australian fashion is not afraid to coordinate bargain finds with designer pieces.Australia is home to internationally acclaimed fashion designers. You can find their designs in the major department stores and also in boutiques. Australian top designers include Akira Isagowa, Sass and Bide, and Ksubi. Oxford Street, Paddington is filled with boutique fashions stores and is really, along with Myers and David Jones, one of the best places to shop for designer fashion. You can shop for cheaper alternatives at Paddington Markets and Bondi Markets, where many local designers start out.
If you require a tailor you can find one in almost every shopping district. Laundrets and dry cleaners will also often do small repairs and alterations.
Akira Isagowa – http://www.akira.com.au
WOOLAHRA (Eastern Suburbs): 12A Queen Street, Woollahra NSW 2025 +61 2 9361 5221
Sass and Bide – http://www.sassandbide.com
PADDINGTON: 132 Oxford Street +61 2 9360 3900
CHATSWOOD: Chatswood Chase, Victoria Avenue +61 2 9411 5257
BONDI: Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street +61 2 9386 0911
PADDINGTON: 16 Glenmore Road,Paddington +61 2 9361 6291
BONDI: 82 Gould St, Bondi +61 2 9300 8233
Collette Dinnigan – http://www.collettedinnigan.com.au
PADDINGTON: 33 William St, Paddington +61 2 9360 6691
Alannah Hill – http://www.alannahhill.com.au
PADDINGTON: 118-120 Oxford Street, Paddington +61 2 9380 9147
All of the above have several stockists as well.
- Sportsgirl – Womens – Younger rather than older styles. http://www.sportsgirl.com.au
- Cue – Womens Fashion – Business-appropriate clothing. http://cue.cc
- Country Road – Very stylish, high quality womens and mens clothing. Also carry a range of homewares. http://www.countryroad.com.au
- Sussans – Womens – Well-priced, but good quality clothing. http://www.sussan.com.au
- Cotton On – Womens and Men – Bargain focused. http://www.cottonon.com.au
- Columbia Sportswear – Womens and Men – Good quality, casual clothing. http://www.columbia.com.au
- General Pants – Jeans and casual clothing. http://www.generalpants.com.au
- Rivers – Mens Clothing. http://www.rivers.com.au
Children’s Clothing Boutiques
- Pumpkin Patch (chain) http://www.pumpkinpatch.com.au Well known and largest children’s clothing store chain in Australia.
- Kido http://www.kidostore.com
- Arabella http://www.arabellaboutique.com
- Paddington Markets http://www.paddingtonmarkets.com.au
- Bondi Markets http://www.bondimarkets.com.au
Modern Australian Fashion http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/australian-story/modern-austn-fashion