There are many veterinarians around Sydney and you can find one located in nearly every suburb. Veterinary care is of a high standard in Australia. Expect to pay around $65 for a consultation. Treatment, if required, will cost extra. Pet health insurance is available here and can cover your veterinary costs. Most veterinaries open early and close late and have an after hours emergency phone number you can contact.
Below is a selection for each region.
- Balmain Veterinary Hospital http://www.balmainvet.com.au
- Paddington Cat Hospital http://www.catvet.com.au
- Maroubra Veterinary Hospital http://www.maroubravet.com.au
- Woollahra Veterinary Hospital http://www.woollahravets.com.au
- 4 Paws Neutral Bay http://www.4pawsvet.com.au
- Lane Cove Veterinary Hospital http://www.lanecovevet.com
- North Shore Vet Specialist located in Crows Nest http://northshorevet.rtrk.com.au
- Allambie Veterinary Clinic http://www.allambievet.com.au
- Pittwarer Animal Hospital http://www.pittwateranimalhospital.com.au
- Great Western Animal Hospital http://www.greatwesternanimalhospital.com.au
- Macquarie Animal Hospital http://www.macquarieanimalhospital.com.au
- PetVets Petersham Veterinary Hospital http://www.petvets.com.au
- Sydney Animal Hospital http://www.sydneyanimalhospitals.com.au This is a chain with 4 branches operating in the Inner West.
Or you can try a mobile vet option if you prefer not to travel with your pet.
Roaming Vet http://www.roamingvet.com.au