Beijing preview


If an expat wants to bring a pet into China, he/she must adhere to the one-to-one rule: one pet per passport holder. Also, only Z Visa holders can bring pets into the country.

Before boarding your flight, please make sure you speak with your pet’s veterinarian and inquire about specific export rules for your country. If you can, have a (simplified) Chinese translation made of the following documents. Though not required, it can make the process go more smoothly upon arrival in Beijing. The Chinese embassy in your country may be able to help, or provide details of a translator in your area.

  1. Rabies Vaccination Certificate: This certificate holds the information that all injections are up-to-date. All rabies vaccinations should be done at least one month prior to departure but not more than 12 months prior of departure date.
  2. Health Certificate/Letter from Veterinarian: A …