Western pet food brands are widely available in large supermarkets in Beijing, including Walmart, Carrefour, and Chinese supermarkets. Specialized and imported pet foods can often be bought at vet clinics at higher prices.
Pet Grooming and More
- Cool Baby Pet Theme Park: This dog theme park comes complete with a swimming pool, wide lawn and tasty treats. Fee of 10 RMB is charged per human. Daily 8.30am-6.30pm. East Gate No. 7, Chaoyang Park, 1 Chaoyang Nanlu, Chaoyang District. (6500 3590, 136 9350 0671)
- Guanyuan Commodities Wholesale Market: Prices are good at this pet supply market, but you can still haggle for a better deal. Feel free to bring your pet along, but keep them on a leash. Daily 9am-5pm. 2/F, 4A Chegongzhuang Dajie, Xicheng District.
- Lee Pet: Offers a range of beauty treatments and products for dogs. Reservations are needed for treatments, and prices vary depending on size and breed of dog. 1) Mon-Thu 10am-9pm, Fri-Sun 10am-11pm. 4119, 4/F, Jinyuan Yansha Mall, 1 Yuanda Lu, Haidian District. (8887 0706); 2) Daily 8.30am-9.30pm. 5-6, 1/F, Courtyard 9, Lincui Lu, Chaoyang District.(5821 3503)
- Shui Mo Yuan: Provides schooling, housing and entertainment for pooches. Also, feel free to bring them along to share dinner. Daily 9.30am-9.30pm. 400m south of Sunhe Lukou, Jingshun Lu, Chaoyang District. (8459 1320)
- Xueda Pet Mansion: A “doggie hotel”, this mansion is like a mini-world for dogs. With a school, hotel, club and beauty salon, Xueda can keep dogs entertained while its owners are away from Beijing. A standard room for dogs is RMB 40 per day (excluding food). Daily 7.30am-9pm. North of Shangzhuang Village, Shangzhuang Town, Haidian District. (6247 8898)