There are generally two types of calendar years for schools in Singapore. Public local schools usually follow a normal calendar year, starting their first term in the first week of January and ending in early November with a longer summer holiday in June. On the other hand, most international schools start their school years in mid-August and end in early May.
The school days normally run from 8:30 to 3:00 but some schools do vary.
Full details of the scheduled public school holidays can be found on the Ministry of Education School Holidays page.
Typical International School Calendar
- First week of August – Student orientation
- Second week of August – Term / semester 1 begins
- 1 Oct – Hari Raya Puasa
- Third week of October – Fall break
- Late October – Deepavali
- Early December – Hari Raya Haji
- Mid- Dec – End of fall semester
- Second week of January – Second semester begins
- Late January – Chinese New Year
- Last week of March / First Week of April – Spring break
- Early April – Good Friday
- 1 May – Lab our Day
- Early May – Vesak Day
- First or second week of June – End of second semester