Babysitters are less common in Singapore than in other locales, as most families with small children hire live-in domestic helpers. Nevertheless, high school students are often very keen to have the part-time work, and some expatriate social organizations keep lists of interested students available for babysitting. See the ‘Networking’ section for contact information for expatriate social organizations and clubs.
Furthermore, many of the maid and part-time domestic help agencies offer babysitting services. If you have yet to make friends with other parents and are looking for referrals consider posting a message on the Motherhood notice board.
- Amahs On Wheels Pte Ltd: Domestic cleaners / maids offer services including regular cleaning, spring cleaning, laundry collection, baby-sitting and pet-sitting services. 56B Somme Rd, Tel: 6837 2708 Domestic One Home Services: A licensed housekeeping company for expats and locals. Also offers babysitting services, Tel: 6100 2388 / 6388 1329 / 9127 4848. From S$15.00 per hour (WEEKDAY)/S$20.00 per hour (WEEKEND) – Min 4 hours per session.
- Innovon Services: Innovon Services is a MOM registered babysitting agency. Babysitters island-wide, either on a monthly or hourly rated basis, Tel: 9487 5408. Fees vary between $550 and $850 per month.
- BBNanny: Professional nannies, preschool teachers, nannies/mothers’ help, confinement nannies, and babysitters for in-home childcare services. Tel: 6299 4993. Telephone for rates. Min 4 hours per session.
- Mary’s Care & Services: Professional nannies, babysitters and confinement nannies for mothers and child care educators available for consultation, Tel: 9653 2433.
- Just Us: Offers a range of childcare and care for the elderly options including babysitters, nannies, tutors and night nurses, Tel: 62994993 / 96998324.