You can expect to pay in the range of $15 to $18 for an hour of baby-sitting in New York City. Most baby-sitters speak English, though many also speak other languages like Spanish. There are several sources for babysitting services in New York City. Some of these are :
- The Baby Sitters’ Guild (http://babysittersguild.com/) – The baby-sitters provided by the Baby Sitters’ Guild agency speak as many 16 languages. Tel: + 1 212 682 0227, Fax: +1 212 687 4660, Email: email@example.com
- Sitter City (http://www.sittercity.com/) is a website that is a popular source for baby-sitters in New York City as is Tothe Rescue Mom(http://www.totherescuemom.com) which is a service which can also be contacted via phone on +1 917 536 8449.
- Sitter Studio (http://www.sittersstudio.com/)) is a baby-sitting service which is manned by artists and performers. The service also can be contacted on the phone at + 1 646 246 6024.
- Many moms in New York City even search for baby-sitters on the job boards of the popular classified website http://www.craigslist.org (The New York city edition) under the general labor section.
- The Parents League of New York – (http://www.parentsleague.org) – The bulletin boards of the Parents League of New York, which is a nonprofit organization affiliated with over 300 independent schools in New York City, also often has postings for baby-sitters. Phone: + 1 212 737 7385, Fax: + 1212 737 7389
- Baby-sitter postings are usually also put up at the bulletin boards that located in the offices of popular pediatricians.