Foreign nationals and their families on Employment, Student, Research, and Entry-type visas are required to register with the Foreigners’ Regional Registration Office (FRRO) within 14 days of their arrival in India. Please refer to the Visa and Visa Extension Sections for more visa specific information.
You should fill out the appropriate registration forms online at the website http://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/. You will receive a case number and will be able to make an appointment to complete the registration process. Visit http://mha.nic.in/ for complete instructions.
You will need to provide the following documents (which vary according to type of visa, see website for exact requirements):
- Application form in triplicate (Form A)
- Passport and visa (originals)
- 4 passport-size photographs
- Proof of residence in India (i.e., lease agreement)
- A copy of your employment contract
- Proof of salary
- An “undertaking” by your employer stating that they will take responsibility for your conduct in India
- A formal letter of request for registration from your employer
A complete list with detailed explanations is available at http://mha.nic.in/.
Foreigners’ Registration Office in Delhi
East Block-VII, Level-II,
Sector-1, R.K. Puram,
New Delhi 110066