There are very few places in Beijing to find international magazines and newspapers. Besides the airport bookstores, most bookstores do not stock English-language newspapers. Imported magazines are a little easier to find and although pricey, a modest selection can be found in most English-language bookstores.
- China Daily – The largest national English-language newspaper in China.
- Chinese Press Interpreter – Translations of articles from the main Chinese language media.
- Global Times – English publication of the Global Times, more internationally oriented.
- People’s Daily National – newspaper airing the views of the Government.
There is a selection of English language and expat-targeted magazines available at locations frequented by expats (western supermarkets, western restaurants, international schools):
- Beijing Review – Weekly business magazine.
- Beijing This Month – Monthly Lifestyle and cultural expat magazine.
- City Weekend – Bi-monthly expat magazine. Includes (event) listings, and classifieds.
- The Beijinger – Monthly expat magazine. Includes (event) listings, and classifieds.
- That’s Beijing – Monthly expat magazine. Includes (event) listings, and classifieds.
- China World Hotel: No 1 Jianguomenwai Avenue (CBD). International newspapers are on sale in the gift shop kiosk located in the back of the hotel lobby. Find copies of the Financial Times, International Herald Tribune, South China Morning Post, and USA Today.
- Garden Books: (Above Sequoia Café) 44 Guanghua Lu, opposite the Brazilian Embassy building, Chaoyang district (Tel 6585 1435). Open 8am-8pm daily. Garden Books stocks a selection of foreign newspapers and magazines. However, if the publication you are looking for is not stocked, they will help arrange subscription service and delivery/pick-up. See here for a list of publications Garden Books can offer: http://www.bookzines.com/php/magazines.php