Los Angeles preview


There are many tax advisors who can assist in complicated, and simple, international tax issues. Check with your company to see if they have any recommendations of reliable accountants or a firm that they use exclusively. You can also check with your consulate or embassy as, often, they will have a list of advisors who speak your native language and are familiar with the specifics of your country's tax laws in relation to your obligations in the US.

Here are some other useful resources:

  • The IRS website has detailed information on which tax return to file, non-resident filing, and a taxpayer advocate service it things get too tough. You can also file and pay online. http://www.irs.gov/individuals/index.html
  • The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants provides the names of CPA's. http://www.aicpa.org
  • TurboTax is a program you can purchase to guide you through the tax return to file yourself: http://turbotax.intuit.com/
  • H&R Block is a major tax filing company that offers one-on-one income tax preparation services, Offices can be located throughout LA: http://www.hrblock.com