When choosing a public school, one might want to consider including the following;
- How close is it from your home?
- How safe is the neighborhood and the surrounding area?
- What are the after school programs that are available?
- What is the school’s academic level like?
- What type of art programs do they teach?
- How are the reputation of the teachers?
- What are the demographics of the students?
Where you live determines which public schools your child(ren) will be admitted. Check with your local unified school district website for the geographic breakdown.
When choosing a private school, in addition to the above, one might also want to consider the following:
- How much are tuition and the other associated fees?
The Great Schools website (http://www.greatschools.org) lets you search by criteria including area, grades, academic levels and overall ratings from Preschool to College. You can read up on school reviews by the students’ parents and stay updated on new movements in education.