Tax Advisors Guide

Income tax in India is deducted at source and then filed at the end of the year. The tax year runs from 1 April-31 March and taxes are usually expected to be filed by September. If your only source of income is your job in India, you can go through any accountant who can effectuate the process for you easily. Just ask your colleagues for recommendations–the best services in India are found through word of mouth.If your situation is more complex (i.e., multiple incomes from different sources), you may wish to consult a tax advisor. Here are a few of the most reputed:

  • PwC’s team of professionals is called the International Assignment Solutions. They have an office at DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon [Phone: 4620000, 3060000]
  • KPMG calls it the International Executive Services (IES) and are based in at DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon. [Phone: 0124 3074000]
  • Ernst and Young calls the service International Tax Services and they are at Olof Palme Marg. [Phone: 5154 0000]

These teams are a part of the international network and have tax advisors who also handle personal income tax issues for Indian clients as well.

You might first want to check with company that is organizing your transfer. They will probably have a list of accredited and reliable tax advisors who work with them regularly and are handling taxation for other expat employees.

Some websites you can turn to for help and advice are: