International food products can easily be found in grocery stores and supermarkets listed in the previous section. Most shops even have a separate section for international foods. Certain markets, namely Khan Market, Defence Colony Market, INA Market, and Greater Kailash-I M-Block Market, have the greatest concentration of grocers stocking specialty and imported food.
Exotic Cheese Shops
- Gogia’s Departmental Store (INA Market Sarojini Nagar; Phone: 24624809, 24624929) has a wide variety of Camemberts, Cheddars, Gouda, Edam, Feta or Gorgonzola. This shop also has Stilton, Gruyere and Swiss cheese among many others.
- Allied Fruits and Florists (Khan Market, Phone: 41757003) stocks exotic cheeses like Denmark’s Havarti, Sweet Colby and the Limburger from Belgium.
- Flanders Dairy (South Extension, DLF Plaza-Gurgaon, Phone: 26253789) stocks Gouda, Italian Bocconcini (mozzarella) and Scamorza.
- Fortune Gourmet (Vasant Kunj, Phone: 65642270) has an extensive and impressive range of cheese including the hard Romano or Grana Padano (Parmesan) and Mediterranean Haloumi.
Organic Food Outlets
- Dubdengreen (Shahpur Jat) offers organic groceries, such as, grains, pulses, condiments, brown sugar, jaggery variants and derivatives, honey, jams, squashes, pickles, tea and coffee. http://www.organicbounty.com/
- The French Farm (Gurgaon; Phone: Roger Langour at 9810166196 or 26359701) stocks chicken, duck, quail, pork, guinea fowl, lamb, organic vegetables and eggs. They do free delivery for orders over 330 rupees.
- Namdhari (New Friends Colony, Phone: 41327690) supplies safe, organic and fresh, vegetables and fruits. http://namdharifresh.com/
- For organic vegetables, you can also contact Mrs. Kanu Somany who has her own organic garden at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tribes (Gol Dak Khana, Phone: 23731214) has a section devoted to natural foods with “assured organic” certification.
YamaTo ya (Safdarjung Enclave Market; Phone: 4165-0164) is famous for Japanese ingredients like Miso, sweet sake, Soba and Udon noodles and fish for sushi. http://www.indo.to/yamato-ya/english.html