Night Life in Delhi
Although a lot of the expat “scene” in Delhi revolves around private parties and embassy events, there are a few places where you can go out and meet other expats. The most popular is bohemian cafe-bar The Living Room (or TLR, the acronym by which it is almost exclusively referred to) [Phone:46080533] in Hauz Khas Village. The food here is continental and, quite honestly not the main draw, but the drinks are good and the ambiance is excellent. Expats flock here on weekends when live bands from all over the world come to perform intimate sets.
Other Popular Bars and Clubs:
- Aqua (The Park Hotel, Connaught Place) is a good poolside place to lounge if you are not keen on dancing. There is usually no cover charge. [Phone: 23010211]
- Capitol (Chanakyapuri) is one of the few nightclubs where you actually have room to do some real dancing. The club is attached to hotel The Ashok and is open till about 3 am. [Phone: 26110101] http://www.theashok.com
- Dublin (Sardar Patel Marg) is Delhi’s most exclusive pub. It has an Irish theme and offers the largest selection of single malts in Delhi. [Phone: 26112233]
- F Bar & Lounge (Chanakyapuri) is named after the popular Fashion TV channel and stays open all night. [Phone: 26111119]
- Rick’s (the Taj Mahal Hotel, Connaught Place), with its upmarket atmosphere, is the place to sip some of the best cocktails in Delhi. It’s open 24/7[Phone: 23026162]
- Urban Pind (Greater Kailash I) have expat nights on Thursdays where you can choose a package of unlimited Indian drinks for about 800 rupees, which attracts a lot of foreigners. [Phone: 39515656]
Nightlife Listings and Guides
The guides above feature most of Delhi’s major nightlife events, not just those specifically for expats. The expat social network site, Dillinet (http://www.dillinet.ning.com), is the best place to find out about expat-specific parties and events.