There are many shops in Brussels where you can buy clothes. Along with the department stores and malls mentioned in the previous sections, you can also go to the popular streets like Avenue Louise, Chaussee du Waterloo and Rue Neuve where shops of all price ranges abound. Shops are generally open from 10am until 7pm. For a guide of Belgian fashion, Modo Bruxellae http://www.modobruxellae.be/index_uk.htm is a great resource that highlights the many local designers and styles.
Main Clothing Chain Stores
- H&M – Swedish chain specializing in current fashion. They feature a wide selection of relatively inexpensive clothing. Locations can be found at http://www.hm.com/be_nl/#/startns/
- C&A – International clothing store headquartered in Brussels and Dusseldorf featuring many of its own brand names. Prices are reasonable and they have multiple locations in Brussels which can be found at http://www.c-en-a.be/stores/
- ZARA – Clothing store for men, women and children. Specializes in current fashion at reasonable prices. http://www.zara.com/
- DoD – Discount clothing and shoe outlet catering to men, women and children (each different storefronts on the street) with many designer names and occupying half of 2 blocks on Chausse de Louvain in the European District. Address: Chaussee de Louvain 16, 1000 Brussels. http://www.dod.be/
As well as being able to get your clothes tailored in some of the major shops, there are many other tailors in the city, and a comprehensive list can be found.
Below are a few tailors:
- Bishop Tailors – Quai de Mariemont 53B, Brussels 1080. Telephone: 025150055
- La Cambre-Direct Tailoring – Avenue Louise 284, Brussels 1050. Telephone: 023452807
- St. Guidon Tailleur – Address: Chaussee du Mons 868-870, Brussels 1070. Telephone: 025212084