Networking Options in Brussels
- English-speaking Gay Group (EGG) – Holds parties each month for English-speaking gays and lesbians of all nationalities. Telephone: 025374704.
- Friends International – Social group for 40-60 yr old people looking to meet other people. Schuitenlaan 39, Tervuren 3080. Telephone: 010650117. Website: http://friendsinternational.site90.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
- Spouse Trailing Under Duress Successfully (STUDS) – Male social group comprised of husbands/partners in Brussels because of partner’s work. Telephone: 026492604. Website: http://www.belgiumstuds.com/
- Toastmasters – Club for people to meet and train their public speaking and leadership skills. Several locations in Brussels.
- Viewfinders – Photography club speaking English with monthly meetings and other activities. Meetings at the British School of Brussels, Leuvensesteenweg 19, Tervuren 3080. Website: http://www.viewfinders.be/
- Women’s International Club of Brussels – Organization for women to meet for cultural exchange and socializing in an informal environment. Website: http://www.wicbrussels.com/
Business and Professional Organizations
- British Chamber of Commerce – Providing networking and promoting business between the UK and Belgium and provides advice on starting businesses in Belgium for members. Boulevard Saint-Michel 41, Brussels 1040. Telephone: 024000000. Website: http://www.britcham.be/
- Brussels Business Over Breakfast Club – Informal business networking group meeting twice a month over breakfast bringing together people looking to increase or start their own businesses. Telephone: 02476579399.
- Irish Business and Employees Association – Represents interests of members at the European Union level to benefit Irish businesses. Avenue de Cortenbergh 89, Brussels 1000. Telephone: 025123333. Website: http://www.ibec.ie/ibb
- Au Pairs Club – Club for English-speaking au pairs meeting once a month to socialize. Rue Archimede 67, Brussels 1040. Telephone: 027673391.
- Caledonian Association of Brussels – Club for Scottish people or people with an interest in Scotland. Website: http://www.calsoc.be/index.html
- Canadian Women’s Club of Brussels – Organizes Canadian get-togethers and is also active in the community. Telephone: 023743702.
- New Zealanders in Belgium – New Zealander/New Zealander connected social networking group.
- South African Club – Social club for South Africans and friends of southern Africa keeping people in touch and organizing events. Rotselaerlaan 73, Tervuren 3080. Telephone: 027820598.
Community Service Organizations
- Rotary Club Brussels – Dutch/English-speaking Rotary Club, helping the disadvantaged.
- Lions Club of Brussels Heraldic – Club with various nationalities whose emphasis is on helping the less fortunate. Telephone: 026409207. Website: http://www.lionsheraldic.net/
- Sept Fontaines – Private golf club just outside the city requiring membership. Chaussee d’Alsemberg 1021, Braine l’Alleud 1420. Telephone: 023530346. Website: http://www.golf7fontaines.be/index.php?dsp=history
- Royal Brussels Cricket Club – Located around 15kms outside Brussels, with the best cricket facilities in Brussels, many people meet and make important contacts here through mutual ex-pat exchange. http://www.rbcc.be/
- Brussels Barbarians Rugby Club – Again, another sports club that caters largely to ex-pats with opportunities to play rugby and meet people. http://www.brusselsbarbarians.com/
- British United Football Club – Football club boasting 4 men´s teams, a ladies team, and a veteran´s team where there are many ex-pats. http://www.bufc.org/