Smith & Caughey — http://www.smithandcaughey.co.nz/Default.aspx
253 – 261 Queen Street, Auckland City
or, 25 Broadway, Newmarket
Queen Street Hours – M-Th 9:30am-6:30pm, Fri 9:30am-7pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10:30am-5:50pm
Newmarket Hours – M-Th 9am-6pm, Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 9:30am-5:30pm, Sun 10am-5:30pm
High-end department store featuring many top local and international designer brands. The place to shop when you want something special – or when only the best will do. Men’s, Women’s and Children’s Fashion, Cosmetics, Fragrance, Accessories, Furniture and Homeware, plus Queen Street has a large expat food section with a good supply of British and South Africa foods.
Farmers — http://www.farmers.co.nz/
17 stores in the Auckland Region
Hours vary by store
Men’s, Women’s and Children’s Fashion, Cosmetics, Fragrance, Accessories, Electronics, Appliances, Furniture and Homeware. Mid-priced department store carrying something for everyone. Clothing lines are primarily store brands, with a few lower-priced lines from well-known international brands like Levis and Jockey. Appliances and electronics from most mainstream NZ brands. Great for basics.
The Warehouse — http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz
21 stores in the Auckland Region
Hours may vary by store but are generally 8am to 8pm
Men’s, Women’s and Children’s Fashion, Health and Beauty, Cosmetics, Fragrance, Accessories, Electronics, Appliances, Hardware, Books, Movies, Games, Toys, Furniture and Homewares. This is a huge discount department store. Clothing is nearly all store brand. The place to go for low-priced clothing and bargains on name-brand electronics, DVDs, CDs, homewares and more.
Most Auckland shopping centres include a Warehouse, a Farmers and a supermarket as well as a wide range of clothing and specialty stores. Some even have cinema complexes, bars and restaurants.
Mall hours vary, but are generally 9-6 Monday-Thursday, 9-9 Thursday and Friday, 9-6 Saturday and 10-5:30 Sunday.
Malls in New Zealand are brightly lit, clean, safe environments with information booths, trained first aid staff and a wide selection of shops, including hairdressing, books, clothes, shoes, food, accessories, pharmacies and more; most malls also have a food court with a wide selection of cafes, fast food and salad bars. Some malls, such as Sylvia Park, are also entertainment hubs, so in addition to all the usual shops, they have restaurants, multiplex cinemas, bars and gyms.
- Atrium on Elliott – Downtown Auckland on Elliott Street — http://www.atriumonelliott.co.nz/
- Westfield 277 – 277 Broadway, Newmarket — http://westfield.co.nz/newmarket/
- Westfield St Lukes near Mt. Albert on St. Lukes Road– http://westfield.co.nz/stlukes/
- West City Mall on Great North Road in Henderson — http://westfield.co.nz/
- Lynn Mall on Great North Road in New Lynn — http://www.lynnmall.co.nz/
- Westfield Manukau City, in South Auckland on Great South Road — http://westfield.co.nz/manukau/
- Westfield Pakuranga, in East Auckland on Pakuranga Road — http://westfield.co.nz/
- Botany Town Centre on Ti Rakau Drive in Botany Downs, East Auckland — http://www.botanytowncentre.co.nz
- Sylvia Park, Mt Wellington on South Eastern Highay, plus has its own railway station.