Los Angeles preview


When you enter the United States and have been given permission to work by the Department of Home Land Security (DHS), a Social Security Number (SSN) is required. This is a unique number that is assigned to each individual by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Even if you do not have the permission to work, you will be asked to provide this number to pay taxes, to apply for driver’s license, to file for motor vehicle registration, to rent an apartment, and to perform other administrative requirements.

An application form can be downloaded from (http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.html)

After filling out the application, you can either mail it or tak…