London preview

United Kingdom

For general information on the tax system in the UK, visit

Income tax on earnings, pensions, and benefits are taken from your wages, as are taxes to cover National Insurance if you're employed. If you are self-employed, you (or your accountant) will have to fill in a tax return and you will need to pay National Insurance contributions. For more information see HM Revenue and Customs ( on everything you need to know about registering to pay income tax.

The Tax Year in the UK runs from April 6 to April 5 the following year.

Income Tax bands and rates…