Facilities for Pets in Brussels
The abundance of parks in the city provides fantastic opportunities to take your pet out for a great frolic. Most parks in the city welcome pets, though you should carry a bag to clean up after your pet and some parks also require a leash. The best (and biggest) parks for taking your pet for a walk include:
- Foret de Soignes – This huge forest is in the south-eastern part of Bruseels has plenty of space to satisfy even the neediest pet. It covers over 4,000 hectares and has a collection of wildlife in it that the more adventurous dogs can try to chase. There is no shortage of other dog-walkers and though it does not have a specific dog park as such (obstacle course, etc), the sheer magnitude of it guarantees a fun time for the dog as well as a good work-out for the handler.
- Bois de la Cambre – Big lake in the south of the city by Uccle where there is plenty of space for dogs to walk and play.
- Parc du Cinquaintenaire – In the European district, this is an ideal park for people living in this area with plenty of space for pets.
- Parc Royale – Near Central Station and the Royal Palace, this is another park in the city centre where you can take your dog for walks.
- Les Etangs Mellaerts – A park with a couple of small lakes in St-Pieters-Woluwe with plenty of room for pets, right off Avenue de Tervuren.
Kennels Around Brussels
- Toutou sprl – Located in Jette in the north of the city, you can find more information on them and their pet products on their website. Rue Leopold I 108, Brussels 1020. 024250717. Website: http://www.toutou.be/
- Bellicourt/Jacques – In the south of the city, they provide kennel facilities for dogs, cats and other animals. Rue Borrens 35, 1050 Brussels. Telephone: 026472475
- Van Rossem – Kennels in the western part of Brussels. Avenue Nellie Melba 83, 1070 Brussels. Telephone: 025211980
- Scieur/Robert – Located in the north-west of Brussels. Rue des Soldats 88, 1082 Brussels. Telephone: 024659472
- Tom & Co. – Chain pet product supplier with multiple locations around the city. Website: http://tomandco.be/
- Royal Dog Shop – Pet products near the centre of the city. Place de la Justice 27, 1000 Brussels. Telephone: 025133261.
- Hill’s Pet Products – Pet product provider in the southern part of Brussels. Avenue Louise 335, 1050 Brussels. Telephone: 026462900.
- The City Barn – Pet products and snacks. Rue Stanley 42, 1180 Brussels. Telephone: 025441489.
Below are a list of some dog-walking services.
- DoggyWalk – This service walks up to 4 dogs at a time between 10am and 5pm on weekdays except public holidays. Telephone: 0485590234.
- Brussels Best Dog Walker – Avenue Brugman 36, Brussels 1190. Telephone: Francois Huysman, 0499430994. Website: http://brusselsbestdogwalker.unblog.fr/contacts/
- Parc Saloon – Grooming for dogs and cats in northern Brussels. Avenue Louis Bertrand 101, Brussels 1030. Telephone: 022155197
- Cleb’Art – Grooming for dogs and cats towards the south of the city. Rue de l’Abbaye 113, Brussels 1050. Telephone: 023433748
- Goldfish – Grooming for cats and dogs. Chaussee de Ninove 432, Brussels 1070. Telephone: 025239729
- The City Barn Sablon – Pet groomer in the city centre. Rue de Rollebeek 39, Brussels 1000. Telephone: 025020658.
- Dog y Dog – Dog and pet groomer near the city centre. Rue Coenen 8, Brussels 1060. Telephone: 025373437.