Main Fitness Center Chains
- CSI Bally Total Fitness: http://www.csibally.com. Locations all around the city offering group classes, high-end gym equipment, and pool and tennis court at some locations. Some classes are in English. Check with individual locations.
- Ozone Fitness: http://www.ozonefitness.com.cn. U.S. wholly owned fitness club chain in Beijing with sauna facilities, imported fitness equipment, swimming pools, classes (yoga, hip-hop, etc.) and more with nine locations mainly in the CBD area and Chaoyang District. Some classes are in English. Check with individual locations.
- Beijing Country Golf Club: http://www.bccgolf.com. West bank of Chaobai River, Mapo Xiangm Shunyi District (6940 1111). Complete with manmade lake and orchard, this course is open 7 days a week with membership starting at 22,000 RMB per year or 500-900 RMB per game depending on weekday/weekend.
- Chaoyang Kosaido Golf Club: 9A Nongzhan Nanlu, Chaoyang District (6501 8584) Short nine-hole course closed in winter is ideal for those who want to sneak in a quick round during the day. Driving range on site. 230 RMB on weekdays and 290 RMB on weekends.
- Beijing Pine Valley International Golf Club: http://www.reignwoodpinevalley.com. Pine Valley Resort, Nankou Tang, Changping District (8528 8038). One of Beijing’s premier courses, this 7,300 yd course was designed by Jack Nicklaus. The club also has a driving range, swimming pool, business center, tables, and villas. Members only club with steep fee of $180,000 USD and annual dues of $1,500 USD.
- Beijing International Tennis Centre: 50 Tiantan Donglu, Chongwen District (6715 2532). This complex houses five courts for tennis. 300 RMB per hour for non-members and 100 RMB for members. Annual membership is 8,000 RMB. English-speaking may be available depending on time/day.
- GS Tennis: http://www.gs-academy.com Offers tennis coaching with a maximum of three students per coach. Foreign coaches are internationally accredited and are players themselves. Indoor facilities available. See website for most updated information.
- Kerry Sports: Kerry Centre Hotel at 1 Guanghua Lu, Chaoyang District (6561 8833 ext 6465). Offering Peter Burwash International Tennis Clinics and Programs. Tennis courts available for members at 150-200 RMB per hour, non-members pay 400 RMB per hour. English-speaking staff on-hand.
Note: Swimming pools are also often found in gyms and fitness centers and usage can be charged per visit at these places.
- Dongdan Indoor Swimming Pool: 2A Dahua Lu, Dongcheng District. (6522 1241). Centrally located public pool offers swim classes for children and adults. 12 lessons will run 380 RMB for children and 420 RMB for adults. Use the pool for 30 RMB per adult and 20 RMB per student.
- Lido Hotel Pool: 6 Jiangtai Lu, Jichang Lu, Chaoyang District (6437 6688 ext 1871). Use of the Jacuzzi, pool, sauna, and gym are included in the entrance fee. Purchase 10 visits for 600 RMB.
- Olympic Sports Centre: 1 Anding Lu, Yayuncun, Chaoyang District (6491 2233). 40 RMB per visir or purchase 10 visits for 130 RMB.
Note: Yoga classes are often offered at fitness centers and gyms as part of membership fees.
- Beijing Yoga: http://www.beijingyoga.com. 2610 Tower D, Soho New Town, Chaoyang District. Offers traditional ashtanga yoga for all levels, with experienced instructors. Kids yoga and prenatal yoga also available. 700 RMB per 10 classes. Discounts also available.
- Yoga Yard: http://www.yogayard.com. 6/F 17 Gongti Beilu, Chaoyang District. Offers hatha yoga classes at various levels. Post and prenatal yoga also available. 90 RMB per 90 minute session. Unlimited passes for 1,000 RMB per month.
- Yogi Yoga: http://www.yogiyogacenter.com. North gate of Ritan Park, Chaoyang District (8561 5506). Private lessons available from Indian master at 300 RMB per session. Classes take place at Ritan Park with heavy focus on stress management and meditation.
- Club Football: http://www.clubfootball.com.cn. ClubFootball organizes amateur men’s, women’s, and kids’ leagues year round. Their popular children’s courses take place at international schools and cost about 800 RMB per term. Led by FA-qualified coaches.
- International Friendship Football Club: http://www.iffc1994.com. Over 800 members from 70 countries make up this league of 30 amateur men’s teams divided into three divisions. Matches are held in various locations around town. The match fees help pay for referees and are 100 RMB for adults and 50 RMB for students.
Other Types of Sports
Beijing Softball League: http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/beijing/listings/sports/baseball-softball/has/beijing-softball-league/. Chaoyang Sports Center. League welcomes all for Spring and Fall seasons. Contact them for scheduling details.
Bowling: Gongti 100. 6 Gongti Xilu, Chaoyang District. (6552 2688) 100 lanes of bowling for 30 RMB per game. No English staff but great facilities for a night out with friends. Popular restaurants and bars/lounges next door.