Barcelona preview


Because Spain is a member of the European Union, if you are a citizen of the EU, or a resident of a EU Country, you are entitled to live and work in Spain. For other nations, read on.

There are 6 types of Spanish visas:

  • Retirement Visa
  • Student Visa
  • Investors and Self-employment Visa
  • Non-lucrative Visa
  • Work-exempt Visa
  • Family Reunification Visa

There is also a general Schengen visa, which allows you to travel freely for a total of 90 days in the Schengen area (the European countries that have signed the Schengen treaty). Be aware that not all EU countries are part of the Schengen area, and some non-EU countries (Norway, Switzerland and Iceland) are members. Below is a list of Schengen countries:

  • Austria
  • Germany
  • Belgium