Kuala Lumpur is a shopper’s paradise. From traditional markets to ultra-modern shopping centers and malls, Kuala Lumpur caters to every shopper’s needs.
In 2012, Kuala Lumpur was voted the fourth best shopping city in the world, and since then, it has only gotten better.
- Opening hours for most shopping centers are 10 am to 10 pm, seven days a week.
- Markets may stay open till midnight.
- Credit cards are accepted everywhere.
- Keep an eye out for Malaysia Mega Sale day when prices are dramatically reduced.
- There are almost 600 shopping malls in Malaysia.
On this road, you will find several modern shopping malls.
- Great Eastern Mall
- Suria KLCC Shopping Mall is the premier shopping mall in KL.
- Avenue K is a trendy shopping mall with great eateries and activities for the kids.
Bukit Bintang Street
- Pavilion Kuala Lumpur is the most popular shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur and has over 30 million visitors annually.
- Fahrenheit 88 is a popular trendy shopping venue.
- The Starhill is known as Kuala Lumpur’s luxury shopping mall.
- IOI City Mall is the largest shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur
Bazaars and Night Market
For a more authentic shopping experience head to one of Kuala Lumpur’s exciting bazaars and night markets.
- Jalan Masjid India is Kuala Lumpur’s Little India. It is a colorful, bustling marketplace selling everything Indian. You can buy clothes, ornaments, and souvenirs but go there for the food. Here you can savor authentic Indian food.
- Lorong Tuanku Abdul Rahmen Night Market is open every Saturday evening from 3 pm to 11 pm. It is a colorful bustling open-air market where you can purchase all kinds of products and savor the flavors of Malaysia.
- Petaling Street, China Town, is a popular tourist hot-spot where you can buy just about everything and, of course, delicious street food.