Tax Advisors Guide
There are many accountants and tax advisors in Brussels, many of whom speak English. Be sure to check with your human resources department as your company may work with, or be able to refer you to, a recommended tax advisor. Below are a few accountants you can contact in Brussels. This is a list of some of the bigger firms but there are many smaller ones who can provide the same services and may be more convenient for you.
- CPA Belgium – A network of independent accountancy firms able to provide tax advice in the Brussels area http://www.cpa-belgium.be/
- Price Waterhouse Coopers – Large international accountancy firm and all information can be found on their website http://www.pwc.com/
- BDO International Accountants and Consultants – A large accountancy firm able to provide service in English. Contact details and specialties can be found on the website, http://www.bdo.be/
- KPMG – Another large accountancy firm providing service in English. List of services and contacts can be found on the website, http://www.kpmg.be/
- Capital Consulting – International taxation company with specialising in taxation compliance, tax management and payroll taxation. http://www.capitaltaxconsulting.com/
Useful Tax Websites
- Federal Ministry of Finance – Information on completing a tax return – Currently information is available in French, Dutch and German. The English website is under construction http://www.minfin.fgov.be/
- Invest in Belgium – Has information on corporate and individual taxes, investing in Belgium, customs, trade and labour issues. http://investinbelgium.fgov.be/
- Federal Ministry of the Economy, Self-employed and Energy – Information in French and Dutch providing a guideline for business and providing support to people wanting to start a business.