There are many fantastic hospitals and clinics in Brussels. Below are a few of the bigger and more popular ones with expatriates.
Known in the expat community as Erasmus, this hospital is in the heart of Anderlecht and a leader in research and education. Mainly French-speaking, though English, Dutch and German are also spoken. The hospital has tremendous and highly specialized facilities and is the academic medical centre for the University Libre de Bruxelles. Telephone: 025553111. Address; Route de Lennik 808, Brussels 1070. http://www.erasme.ulb.ac.be/page.asp?langue=EN&id=13338
This hospital specializes in cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, reproductive medicine and radiology, as well paediatrics. Another university hospital, UZ Jette is linked to the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and combines teaching with scientific research. Telephone: 024777785. Address; Laarbeeklaan 101, Brussels 1090. http://www.uzbrussel.be/u/view/en/17362-Home.html
Parc Leopold Clinic
Part of the Edith Cavell Inter-regional Hospital Centre (CHIREC) group, this clinic is located in the heart of the European District, a couple of blocks from the main European Commission building, Berlaymont. A very popular hospital with many expats because of its location and their multi-lingual staff. Parc Leopold’s specialties include gynaecology, ear, nose and throat, orthopaedics, plastic surgery and sports medicine. Telephone: 022875111. Address; Rue Froissart 38, Brussels 1040. http://www.chirec.be/content/default.asp?id=15&subitem=04
Another member of the CHIREC group, Edith Cavell is located in Uccle and again is a very popular hospital for expats in particular for the wide range of languages spoken and the facilities. Amongst its specialties are paediatrics, internal medicine and neurology. Telephone: 023404040. Address; Rue Edith Cavell 32, Brussels 1180. http://www.chirec.be/content/default.asp?id=6&subitem=03
Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc
The academic hospital of the Université catholique de Louvain (UCL). French is the main language, though as with most doctors in the country, English is common. The hospital has around 1000 beds and specializes in many different fields. Telephone: 02 764 11 11. Address: Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels. http://www.saintluc.be/en/index.php
- Lola Ortiz – Blvd. Charlemagne 37, Brussels 1000. Telephone: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday. French, English and Spanish.
- David Van Osta – Avenue de l’Armée 127, Brussels 1040. Telephone: 0495741710. French, English, Dutch, German, Spanish and Swedish.
- Eric Beeth – Avenue de l’Armée 127, Brussels 1040. Telephone: 02/6475569. Emergencies: 022424344. Promotes nutrition and change towards healthier habits. French, English, Dutch, German, Spanish and Swedish.
Dental care can be accessed all over the city. Some dentists have private practices, others work out of a hospital or clinic, or in a joint dental practice centre. Many dentists speak English and below are some recommendations:
- Bogaerts & Partners – Located in Anderlecht, this practice does laser surgery, implants and childrens’ teeth and speak French, Dutch, English and German. They also provide round-the-clock emergency service. Telephone: 025202648 or 025216061 or (c) 0475638974. Address; Avenue Doctouer Zamenhof 35, Brussels 1070. e-mail; email@example.com
- Gérard De Coster – Dentist, Orthodontist. Ambiorixplein 32 – B9, Brussels 1000. Telephone:022305793.
- Nathalie Duque – Dentist, Orthodontist. Avenue Edm. Mesens 78, Brussels 1040. Telephone: 027707548
- Maria Roupa – Dentist, Pediatric Dentistry, Orthodontics. Avenue Winston Churchill 247A, Brussels 1180. Telephone:023457878
- De Potter – Dentist, Periodontology – Cabinet dentaire Schurmans, Avenue d’Oppem 63, Brussels 1950. Telephone: 027311238
- Mary Bartik – Ophthalmology. Centre Médical Sainte Catherine, Rue du Vieux Marché aux Grains 10, Brussels 1000. Telephone: 025125320
- E. Verhust – General Ophthalmology. Fluoangiography. Saint-Michielslaan 12-16, Brussels 1150. Telephone: 027359347
- Michéle Maenhaut – Ophthalmology. Avenue Maurice 11, Brussels 1050. Telephone: 026401813
- Catherine Szyper – Ophthalmology. Avenue Maurice 11, Brussels 1050. Telephone: 026401813
- Bruno Moens – Ophthalmology. Astridlaan 73, 1640 St-Genesius-Rhode. Telephone: 023585794