Massage and spa treatments are common ways to get rid of the stress and pollutants in the body. Massages can be very beneficial to health, especially when they are enjoyed regularly. There are numerous spas in the city offering detox programmes, massages and beauty treatments. It is also common to have private massages in the comfort of your own home where trained Thai masseuses offer hourly and two hourly sessions.
The price of each treatment is different in every establishment; the more exclusive the spa, the higher the price. However, treatments are far cheaper than they are in the west, even in the most expensive spas. Below is a list of the most popular spas and their location within Bangkok.
If you are particularly impressed with a certain masseuse, you can go ahead and ask for a number to book a future appointment or even have her come to your home for appointments. Many masseuses have private clients and prefer them, as they do not have to share their fee with the spa.
- Everyday Spa – Lumpini Place, Pradipat Road
- Sense of Spa – 323 Silom Road
- Urban Retreat – Sukhumvit Soi 39 ( http://www.urbanretreatspa.net)
- Ananda Spa – Sukhumvit Soi 11 ( http://www.thecapitolclub.com/ananda-spa-bangkok.html)
- The Purple Spa – Sukhumvit Soi 49
When moving to a foreign country, things that you took for granted in your home country such as hairdressers can suddenly become a concern. While there are hairdressers on virtually every street corner in Bangkok, it is hard to know which ones are reputable. Popular hairdressers among expat ladies include:
- Completions – (owned by a British trained hairdresser): 20 Thanon Silom Road, +662 234-3749
- Voyage Hair Salon – (Khun Neang is a popular hairdresser with expats): 392/10-11 Siam Square Soi 5 Novotel. Phone: +662 658-1805
- Indra Beauty House – (boasting hairstylists from the Vidal Sassoon academy): 4-6 Silom Soi Saladaeng. Phone: +662 335-2626
- Jazzing Hair Design – (Khun Ek, the owner of the salon trained at Vidal Sassoon in London): 43/3 Sukhumvit Soi 31. Phone: +66 2 258 9295
- Schwing Hair Salon – (boasts staff who have worked in Beverly Hills, California): Soi Lang Suan, Ploenchit Road. Phone: +66 2 251 7727
- Topsy Hair Design – (the owner, Khun Thanit, trained in the UK and the US): 250 Sukhumvit Road. Phone: +66 2 649 9270
- Camouflage – (a good budget hairdresser catering to expat men and women): 40 Soi 19, Sukhumvit Road (close to Asoke Skytrain station). Phone: 662 253-5511
All salons listed have English speaking staff.
There are nail salons all over Bangkok, every Soi seems to have one. The more upscale salons are usually found in shopping malls such as Siam Paragon. The salons below are recommended by expat ladies and have English speaking staff.
- Panipa – Ekamai Soi 16, Phone: +66 16212552
- Trinity – Thong Lo soi 10, Phone: +66 2-390-0655
- 20 Nails Studio – Siam Paragon and Siam Discovery
- Daily Nails Ploenchit – 2’nd Floor Ploenchit Center, Phone: +66 2 656 4599
- Pretty Cozy Nail Cottage – Thonglor Soi 16, Phone: +66 2 714 9657