Health risks and vaccinations Guide
You do not require any vaccinations to travel to the Netherlands. The World Health Organization recommends that you be covered for mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, hepatitis B, tetanus and measles regardless of your destination.
The Netherlands is a very clean and safe country. Carrying an umbrella for 70% of the year and finding effective mosquito repellent the other 30% will keep you out of trouble with more minor health concerns.
On the other hand, Amsterdam has a large population of mice, especially in the very centre close-by the canals. No matter your previous experience, old buildings often have mice in their walls and can get into your house from the smallest hole. They will not become a problem for you if you follow the most simple precaution; keeping your kitchen clean at all times which will prevent these small animals from entering your home.