Toronto preview


In Canada there are 2 different types of Visas: Temporary Resident Visas (TRV) and Permanent Resident Cards (PRC).

Temporary Resident Visa

The TRV is the most commonly used visa used by anyone from a designated country wishing to visit Canada either for pleasure or business. Also known as a Visitor's Visa, this document will likely need to be combined with other permits if one seeks to visit Canada for work or study purposes.

There are 3 types of TRV's:

  1. Single Entry: This visa only allows you to enter the country once. These visas are usually valid for 6 months.
  2. Multiple Entry: This visa allows you to enter and leave Canada as often as you wish for as long as the visa is valid, which is usually 6 months.
  3. Transit: This visa is for people who are only passing through Canada on their way to another country. They're usually good for 48 hours.

It's also important to know that, although passports are required for everyone entering Canada, you do not require a visa if you're entering Canada under the following circumstances:

  • You're a citizen of any of the following countries: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of ), Latvia (Republic of), Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Portugal, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa.
  • You are a foreigner who is lawfully living in the United States and in possession of a Green card.
  • You are a British citizen and or a citizen of a British dependent territory such as Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena or the Turks and Caicos Islands
  • You are a citizen of Hong Kong and hold a passport issued by either the British of Chinese government
  • You are in possession of a passport issued by the Holy See

For a more comprehensive lis…